Welcome to the Arbogast Inn
The Arbogast Inn, an enchanting Victorian Queen Anne style Bed and Breakfast circa 1902, is conveniently located on West Main Street in downtown Monterey, Virginia. We are within walking distance of quaint shops, restaurants, and interesting historical sights in Highland County, VA.
Home Away From Home
Relax in your choice of three spacious guest rooms, each uniquely furnished and ranging from the elegant to the whimsical. Choose from one of two king rooms (one has an adjoining private bath with shower & the other room has a private hall bath with claw-foot tub), or a room featuring two twin beds with adjoined private bath.
Start off the day with a delicious continental breakfast featuring seasonal fruit, freshly baked muffins, and cereal in the dining room each morning. Our Inn also offers a variety of drinks such as hot tea, lemonade, orange juice, apple juice, soy milk, or a variety of K-cups freshly brewed with our Keurig coffee maker. We take pleasure in preparing meals to accommodate a variety of dietary needs; Vegetarian and vegan friendly.
After breakfast, head out for a day of exploring downtown Monterey, partake in one of many outdoor activities, or relax on our wraparound front porch. Pick out a rocking chair and take in the spectacular mountain scenery. Treat yourself to the quiet beauty of Highland County, Virginia and plan your next getaway with the Arbogast Inn.
Romance Getaway Package
Celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon? Want to escape to the picturesque mountains of Virginia for a stress-free weekend? Our romantic packages are perfect for newlyweds and lovers alike. Please note: This package must be booked in advance of your scheduled stay.
Relax & Renew
Do you love exploring the great outdoors? There’s an endless amount of area attractions for everyone! Snowshoe Mountain Resort and The Omni Homestead Resort / Wellness Spa / Golf Course are within a hour drive of the Arbogast Inn. Lace up your hiking boots and hit the trails with your walking stick and birding book. Bring your road bike and train on the challenging mountain roads with spectacular views or beneath the ground while caving / spelunking. Is boating, water skiing, or soaking up some sun on the beach your thing? Lake Moomaw has you covered. Fancy a train ride on a vintage steam locomotive at the Cass Scenic Railroad State Park? Choo-choo! Are you into extreme sports? There’s plenty of rock climbing action at Seneca Rocks. If you like it wet and wild then try whitewater rafting or ziplining at the New River Gorge in WV. Plan your next epic adventure starting from the Arbogast Inn.
Book Your Next Epic Adventure
- Open year-round.
- Breakfast is included with every night stay.
- Each room has a private bathroom at our B&B.
- Payments by credit card, cash, check, or Bitcoin are accepted.
- Check-in time is at 3 P.M. – 7 P.M.; Check-out is at 11 A.M.
- Advance reservations are encouraged as lodging is extremely limited in our area.
- A two night minimum is required on special event weekends and all weekends in October. Off-season rates: Dec. 1st – March 1st (excluding special event weekends and holidays).
- Parking, on-street and off, is available. Electric cars can be charged with a nearby power outlet for no additional charge. Car clubs and extraordinary vehicles are always welcome.
- Please read our Reservation & Cancellation page for additional policy information.